2. Tallahassee FL US
3. Meridian Mississippi US
Work Location:AR, LA, Majority MS & AL/FL Panhandle
Under general direction of the Director, Business Development, the Business Development Manager prospects for new customers in the defined assignment, uses consultative selling skills to identify their specific needs, prepares comprehensive and impactful ABDC proposals designed to deliver solutions to those needs, persuasively presents the offering, prepares and obtains customer signature on a Prime Vendor Contract resulting in a new ABC customer. This role works collaboratively with subject matter experts, Sales Executives, the Director, Business Development, and Segment Vice President as necessary to progress and close new customer business. This role works directly with the Sales Executive to transition new business once Prime Vendor Agreement is signed by the customer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops productive business relationships with Retail and Alternate Care pharmacy prospective customers that build individual customer trust and confidence in the ABDC selling process.
- Continually develops and demonstrates “nuance” level market, trade class and customer type knowledge that builds sales trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- Successfully develops relationships and works collaboratively with internal ABC subject matter experts, business stakeholders, distribution center management, operations and sales team members as required/appropriate to sell new business.
- Successfully implements a prospecting strategy that results in a minimum of 12 active and potentially profitable Level 2 & 3 Retail and Alternate Care pharmacy Prospects in their individual sales pipeline at any time.
- Successfully implements consultative selling skills with Level 2 & 3 customers as required and appropriate to uncover individual needs and build a tailored ABDC proposal.
- Develops and persuasively presents ABDC proposals that meet the needs of individual prospective Retail and Alternate Care customers and move them towards Prime Vendor Agreement signature.
- Closes new Retail and Alternate Care customer business in each fiscal year in order to meet the new business revenue, generic, solution and program goals.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the entire new business sales pipeline such that customer time at each level is minimized, time to close is continually improved, and close ration goals are met.
- Continually works in collaboration with the Director, Business Development and other internal personnel to create customer proposals that offer financial terms with mutual benefit for ABDC and the customer; effectively maximizing profitable revenue for each opportunity. Sells both internally (selling terms to decision-makers within ABC) and externally (to potential customers/influencers) in order to progress customer prospects through the sales pipeline. Effectively builds coalitions both internally and externally.
- Ensures that account is fully operational before transitioning to service/expansion roles. Works directly with Director, Business Development, Sales Executives, Customer Care Representatives, Inside Sales, Account Managers, and corporate sales associates as necessary to transition new business after opening the account.
- Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge through the use of ABDC training, Director, Business Development mentorship, industry information and company literature.
- Participates in required sales training that will allow the AmerisourceBergen sales force to continually maintain a consultative sales approach with all customers. Actively seeks additional training and professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet sales objectives.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory; travels to events such as conferences, national and regional sales meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated and successful direct new customer acquisition sales experience including territory prospecting, individual customer needs analysis, tailored proposal development and successful presentation, and contract signature. Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- Excellent and persuasive consultative selling skills
- Ability to rapidly build trust and credibility with prospective customers.
- Excellent new customer sales pipeline management skills
- Excellent understanding of specific business segment; industry and competitive knowledge
- Strong acquisition and leadership skills
- Excellent customer probing skills
- Able to build internal collaboration with subject matter experts and others as necessary
- Able to build customer relationships and trust quickly to challenge customer mindsets; comfortable closing sales
- Strong analytical skills; quick thinker
- Highly competitive and goal oriented
- Good understanding of value and profit principles
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
- Thorough understanding of AmerisourceBergen Solutions and which would apply best to their individual customer's needs
- Strong presentation skills; up-to-date knowledge of presentation software and equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Meticulous follow-up skills; assertive in promoting ABC solutions to prospective customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
Territory is AR, LA, majority of MS and AL/FL Panhandle.
Must reside in territory.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)